This one’s for all those love to have a clutter-free home. Here are some wonderful tips to make your home, the minimalist’s paradise.
1) The right balance: When you’re experimenting with a minimalistic setup, ensure that nothing is either too big or too small. All the items in the room should complement each other, especially the furniture. Since there’s more empty space to go around, everything should look just perfect.
2) Color scheme: Stick to a monochromatic scheme rather than a series of colors that make a place look garish. Use pastel shades that indicate elegance such as greys, peaches, light blues, etc.
3) Wall art: A great way to keep your home minimalist is to have a piece or two of wall art. This could be anything from abstract art, something musical or something bohemian. Geometric prints are quite the trend, these days.
4) Quality, not quantity: Pick and choose items that come together as a whole to make a bold statement. An apartment with a minimalistic setup should be representative of your personality. Make the items few, but make them count.
5) Lighting: The lighting in your house also adds to how things look. Use one big light and a bunch of little lights that brighten up with the place just the right amount. Not too little, not too much.